Can I Joy Dare You? Week 25
Butterfly Batik Watercolour by Janis Cox
Please see the right sidebar for more information.
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
After a conference it seems it takes me a few days to sort myself out. I have a head full of ideas, changes and passion. But where to get the time? Then the Lord reminded me:
It is all in His time.
So counting the gifts again this week – seeking to know that He is always with me.
June 17 ~ 3 gifts in your Dad
- peace, calmness – my Dad did not get really angry (at least not often) – slow to anger, always thinking before he acted
- my Dad always had time to listen to me and helped me to know myself
- my Dad adored my Mother
June 18 ~ 3 gifts from your Heavenly Father
- grace: God accepts me just as I am
- beauty: creation, every detail, the colour and the perfection
- joy: how the Holy Spirit can fill me with joy at the strangest times
June 19 ~ 3 gifts you became in serving
- worked at the Pregnancy Care Centre figuring out labels – I was determined to figure it out
- as I serve I become more prayerful and patient
- in my Bible Study I have learned to listen
June 20 ~ a gift bent, beautiful and loved
- bent: my new perennials are still bent – I hope they will survive and bloom beautifully for many years
- beautiful: my hubby and I had a beautiful day boating on Lake of Bays
- loved: I know I am loved by my hubby
June 21 ~ 3 gifts found in light
- reflections on the lake
- the bluest sky
- being able to read, sew, and do crafts I need a good light
June 22 ~ 3 gifts that are difficult
- with my allergies sometime it is difficult to not eat something but my allergies have taught me great discipline
- I need glasses – but I have learned to accept that fact and most times never think about it
- I need to stretch every morning – another way to learn discipline
June 23 ~ 3 gifts found around a table
- pictures of my children and grandchildren are found on my tables and desk
- after dinner each night my hubby and I have a game of cribbage. I actually won last night – a very close game
- we saw new art work displayed on tables produced by a new group called “Mentors and Makers”
Once again I have added a place for you to put your links. It will remain open for a month. Let’s continue to build this JOY DARE community.