5 Different Ways of Viewing Prayer
My “word” prayers have changed over the years as I am sure yours have. I go through dry spells, pleading spells and content spells. I do lists, I pray in the Spirit, I try focusing on the person I pray for, I try acronyms and lots more.
One thing I have learned and I know to be true:
God loves me with an indescribable fierceness. Click to Tweet.
When I pay attention to what is happening outside of me I can see Him at work.
Isn’t that prayer?
Being AWARE of God and growing closer to Him – isn’t that prayer?
I have thought of 5 different ways to talk to God (other than formal prayers) and I am sure you can add to this list.
1. I read His Word in the Bible and listen to Him speak.
2. I write a poem, a blog, a journal, and post about Him and I am with Him while I write. (I wrote at Inscribe about this)
3. I try to memorize His Word so that it will be on my lips and in my heart. ( I am memorizing Romans 1, 8, and 12 – well I am working on it with the Romans Project)
4. I try (there is the operative word?) to relate to others as He would have me do – with the Fruit of the Spirit.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV)
5. I look around me at people, creation and see the details of His Hand upon each creature and living thing. (The JOY DARE by Ann Voskamp; visit me Mondays at www.janiscox.com)
Prayer is LIFE with God. Prayer is JOY in God
Life is being with God in our daily living prayer.
As we live we pray. Click to Tweet.
Don’t shut Him out of your life.
My Word for 2013 is LIVE:
L – Living
I – In
F – Fullness with God
E – Every day
Here are two quotes to think about this week:
“Am I continually separating myself and looking to God every day of my life” (Oswald Chambers – January 26th)?
” The longer we walk in the garden, the more likely we are to smell the flowers” (Max Lucado, In the Grip of Grace, page 155).
- How Do I Have a Conversation With God? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
- How Can I Not Afford to Spend Time With God? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
- Can God Really Hear My Prayers? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
- When Do We Need Prayer? (underthecoverofprayer.wordpress.com)
Jan, a former school teacher and small business owner, found a new passion in writing in her retirement. She has published two devotionals and a number of articles for magazines and a Bible study. She is owner of Under the Cover of Prayer and moderates the site. Jan has completed a children’s book called Tadeo Turtle. She is the watercolour illustrator. Word Alive has published Tadeo Turtle. See more information at Jan’s Website.