How to learn to Get Along
I’m joining Five Minute Friday just to write for 5 minutes on a word. Today’s word is AGREE.
Setting the timer: GO
I don’t always agree with my husband. We have been married for 46 years and we are still happily married. It’s not because I always agree with him. On the contrary I am probably the hardest person to live with. We are probably still together because he has patience in dealing with me.
I tend to jump at things before I can think them through.
I used to get totally angry at him when he said something I didn’t understand or didn’t agree with.
But – there is a bright side here. I am learning. Here are 5 things I am learning through my study of God’s Word.
Five Ways to Work Through Agreement
- If I start the day with study and writing my prayers to God – and listening to Him, I am better to prepared not to fall into the pit.
- Right now I am studying Proverbs in an online study group I lead. This practice is helping me watch what I say – because it’s a daily reminder.
- I am calmer overall. As I have grown closer to God I listen to Him more than I listen to myself. That’s a very important part of my peace.
- I know that to agree is not always possible. But to listen to his side is possible. I’m learning to bite my tongue and try to hear the other side.
- I’ve seen my anger in the past. I’ve seen how I like to control. Knowing these sins helps me learn to tread more carefully as I know what triggers my reactions. SELF.
Time’s Up.. 5 minutes goes quickly.
Here is a selection of wisdom that God has shown me this month on my words and my tongue.
Do you have trouble being agreeable? Can you see ways to curb your tongue? Can you find a way to negotiate between you and someone else?
One more thought. I always need to agree with God and what I hear from Him. There is no way I want to disagree with what He says.
A few other thoughts on this matter and why it’s hard to agree.
Call to Action:
Are you struggling with time to study God’s Word? Do you need a booster shot of inspiration?
Join us at our closed Facebook Group – Growing Through God’s Word.
And you can find me on Instagram too.