Five Minute Fridays – What to Choose?
Linking with Lisa Jo where we take only 5 minutes to write – #FMFParty. No editing. Just getting our thoughts and words on paper (computer).
What to Choose?
So much to choose from. God gives me such wonderful ideas. I get excited and I am off. But sometimes there are just too many things to choose.
Today my slate said (after prayer and devotionals):
- tap dance
- make cabbage rolls in slow cooker (I have to omit the sugar)
- start making more stuffed Tadeos for the fair (and someone ordered one too)
So needless to say I am in the middle of everything. But I stop every once in a while to pray. Because I believe connecting with God keeps me going. I believe He knows everything that is on my heart. And if He would rather me choose something else He is going to make it very clear. (But only if I am listening.)
The pause in between choices is the most important thing.
Never get so rattled with all that is before you that you can’t do anything.
Pause – pray and ask for direction. God always comes through – gives peace and productivity can continue.
- my first newsletter
- expanding Under the Cover of Prayer by producing an ebook or short groups of topics together
- One Day at a Time – will this be an ebook, softcover, devotional or Bible study?
- two children’s books that need my artwork
But – each moment of each day is special to God. I look to Him for timing, for inspiration and for energy. And of course the best choice I ever made was choosing to follow Jesus.
Time’s up. Got to take the laundry out of the washer.
Your turn. Join us at Lisa Jo Baker’s Five Minute Fridays.
The pause in between choices is the most important thing. (tweet this)
Want to join Lisa Jo. Here are the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.