Welcome to Growing Through God’s Word and Janis Cox
Welcome to my website! I’m so glad you have dropped by. I hope you will find out all about me and I will get to know more about you.
A Tad about Me
I am a follower of Christ – first and foremost. And that’s how I became a writer and an artist. Please check out my faith page.
I am a grandma, married for many years to a loving, kind and exceptionally patient husband. We have 3 married children and many grandchildren . We live in the county of Haliburton, in Ontario Canada. This is our little Maltipoo, Snowball.
Connecting with Me
- You can join me by signing up to my monthly newsletter called Growing Through God’s Word. I will update you on things that have been going on in my life, my writing, my painting, and my faith. I give a free gift with every new newsletter subscription. . Click here to get on my Newsletter Update List. Get two free books.
2. You can join my blog with a subscription. Then you won’t miss my posts.
Please the sidebar.
Word of God Speak Linkup:
I love to blog. For years I wrote a post every Sunday called Sunday Stillness. This year I felt called to focus on how to hear God speak. My new post is for the weekend and is called Word of God Speak. I always have a linky for you to join with your posts and get to know others to encourage as well.
Hope Stream Radio Podcast:
On Wednesdays I post a little about the podcast that was aired on the Tuesday before on Hope Stream Radio.
Some Thursdays I try to educate you about Christian writers, past and present – Join us to learn more about Christian writers and their faith on Thoughtful Thursdays.
- I am an artist and mostly work in watercolour. I also do batik watercolour which uses rice paper and wax to create a unique looking painting. I illustrated my first book, Tadeo Turtle in watercolour.
- I use some of my paintings to be the image for a blog post.
- My Gallery (which I plan to update sometime) is here.
The KIngdom of Thrim (available after May 15, 2016).
For ages 5 and up. Yoj is a happy doll maker who makes a hasty decision without consulting God. Follow his adventure of rediscovery. Extended activities will be available.
What people are saying about The Kingdom of Thrim.
The Kingdom of Thrim is the true home of all who put their whole heart and soul into doing what God has designed them to do ~ Michele Morin.
A great truth for children of any age to understand that’s based on the Bible. I enjoyed the story as it touched on the life of others also and shows how it’s important to use our gifts to bless others -Pirkko
Janis Cox seamlessly weaves together a delightful, full-circle story about God-given gifts ~ Tracy Campbell.
Read more at Goodreads.
Tadeo Turtle is a story for children ages 2-8. A colourful watercolour picturebook, the story helps children to realize how much they are loved by God just the the way they were created. To find out more go to Tadeo Turtle.
Visit my Bookstore.
What people are saying about Tadeo Turtle:
I love Tadeo Turtle. I actually bought him on my kindle to read to my little nephew this Christmas, but my 10 year old daughter fell in love with him as well, so we’ve transferred to her kindle, which is fancier and has better showcase of Janis’ artistic talents. My nephew is in kindergarten and he has Autism. He has already memorized the book and quotes it to his friends. I don’t know if he quite realizes how much it fits for him, with his autism, but the grownups in his life sure do, and we appreciate it!
Tadeo’s shell also called to mind devices that help the disabled (since I am disabled), like wheelchairs, leg braces, etc. Those are things that we may feel self-conscious of, as children and as grown-ups, but they are God’s blessing to us to help us be all that we can be. This would make a perfect book marketed for special-needs children, as well as a great self-esteem book for all. – B. Hendricks
To read more endorsements go here.
Battle for the Soul of Canada – Bible Study
Battle for the Soul of CanadaBattle for the Soul of Canada – a Bible study by Janis Cox (based on the book called Battle for the Soul of Canada by Ed Hird)
My Podcasting – Yes I am on radio
In 2015 I joined Hope Stream Radio as a weekly contributor with a program called Growing Through God’s Word Podcast. You can listen to Hope Stream Radio every day. I am on the Tuesday’s broadcast and sometimes Sundays. You can find all my broadcasts on Hope Stream Radio Janis Cox.
Connect with Me on Social Media
Facebook– Janis Cox
Word of God Speak Facebook Group – Just ask to join.
Any time you can email me at Janis Cox.
For this year my most popular post is a children’s activity using soap to carve out a turtle:
These are the other most popular posts:
Random things you might like to know about me:
- I am a late comer to knowing Christ (2001). You can read more about my faith journey on my faith page.
- I love to read and write and paint. Check out my Gallery.
- I take tap dancing lessons while wintering in Arizona.
- I love to connect with other believers and pray for them.
- I relearned how to use my sewing machine in order to make stuffed turtles to sell with my book.
- We have recently become very interested in natural eating. We stick to vegetables, oils, organic meats, and fruits. We stay away from sugar in all forms except honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar and molasses. We avoid grains whenever possible.
- We started a new charity in 2014 in our small town of Haliburton. Our charity is called HASP – Haliburton Assistance for Single Parents. It is a charity with a focus to see that single parents are able to take their education beyond high school.
- We are very interested in helping others get a handle on their finances. We encourage others to join Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace as one of the best instruments of learning to handle money God’s way.
- One day while studying the Bible, a new way of studying God’s Word came to me – the SIMPLE method. When it is used God’s Word becomes very clear – because prayer is an important part of this method. You can find out more at SIMPLE Method of Bible Study and get a PDF.