Welcome to Growing Through God’s Word and Janis Cox
Welcome to my website! I’m so glad you have dropped by. I hope you will find out all about me and I will get to know more about you.
Are you feeling disconnected from God?
Is your art or writing suffering because you are struggling do work on your own?
Do you want to tap into God’s unlimited creativity?
Do you believe God has called you to be a writer or artist?
Then this is place for you.
I was there. Yes almost 20 years ago I found that I could trust God for my whole life. When that happened the skies opened, colour flooded in. I saw His purpose for my life.
Now I believe He is calling me to help other Christian writers and artists find their true path. Would you like to be filled up every day and tackle each challenge with joy? Let me help you.
A Tad about Me
I am a follower of Christ – first and foremost. And that’s how I became a writer and an artist. Please check out my faith page.
I am a grandma, married for many years to a loving, kind and exceptionally patient husband. We have 3 married children and many grandchildren . We live in the county of Haliburton, in Ontario Canada. This is our little Maltipoo, Snowball.
Connect with Me
Facebook– Janis Cox
GrowingThrough God’s Word Facebook Group– Just ask to join.
Twitter – Author Janis Cox
Pinterest – Author Janis Cox
Any time you can email me at Janis Cox.
Random things you might like to know about me:
- I am a late comer to knowing Christ (2001). You can read more about my faith journey on my faith page.
- I love to read and write and paint. Check out my Gallery.
- I love to connect with other believers and pray for them.
- I relearned how to use my sewing machine in order to make stuffed turtles and sock dolls to sell with my books.
- We have recently become very interested in natural eating. We stick to vegetables, oils, organic meats, and fruits. We stay away from sugar in all forms except honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar and molasses. We avoid grains whenever possible.
- We started a new charity in 2014 in our small town of Haliburton. Our charity is called HASP – Haliburton Assistance for Single Parents. It is a charity with a focus to see that single parents are able to take their education beyond high school.
- We are very interested in helping others get a handle on their finances. We encourage others to join Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace as one of the best instruments of learning to handle money God’s way.
- One day while studying the Bible, a new way of studying God’s Word came to me – the SIMPLE method. When it is used God’s Word becomes very clear – because prayer is an important part of this method. You can find out more at SIMPLE Method of Bible Study and get a PDF.