Jesus said – REST
by Jan Cox
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28 NIV).
As I write this I am suffering from a cold and right now the sinus pressure is giving me a headache. Can you feel it?
What do I seek? RELIEF. I have used cold cloths, hot tea with lemon and ginger and a sinus massage. It’s still there. Pound. Pound. Pound.
So I am going to try God’s remedy – REST. I wrote about REST in Inscribe On-line last Friday.
This morning I’m going to try what I wrote:
In releasing everything to God I am giving Him all of me. In sitting tight I am not allowing myself to “do” anything.
As I seek Him – I relax – because He is here. In those few moments His healing Hands are placed on my head.
I sneeze – twice. A release?
This REST is communion with God on a personal level. As I allow Him to minister to me, I am content. He is in control. I surrender to Him.
Oh —- thoughts invade this peaceful time. What can I do?
Oh my – that is tough. To totally NOT let thoughts invade this healing time.
Trying again. This time success.
Sometimes when I REST I fall asleep. That’s okay, too. Sleep is part of REST leading to RESTORE.
I feel better – my headache is less but more importantly I feel a peace.
Thank You, Father, for teaching me to REST. You restore me – my mind, my body and my soul. I trust in You. In Jesus’ name. AMEN.
Gratitude List for this week: I reached 1000 – I am at 1014. Linking up with A Holy Experience for Mondays.
- Hubby safely back in AZ
- I am able to write two posts
- A cozy bed
- A Wii game with my daughter – I didn’t do well.
- God being “behind the scenes” to help figure out the estate
- Knowing and feeling the love of God
- An understanding sister who is just so loving
- My partner in life – my lovin’ husband
- Good health
- Good weather while back home in Ontario
- My Bible
- Writing a poem to understand myself
- REST – Release everything and stop thinking
- Warm welcome back hugs from my tap dancers
- A head cold – slowing me down but helping me to have time to process all that has gone on
- Reliance on God – “faith is assurance of things hoped for” – Hebrews 11:1
- A lymphatic massage to help me get rid of my cold
- Read Heaven Is Real
- Busting financial myths in FPU
- Saving means “paying me”
Jan, a former school teacher and small business owner, found a new passion in writing in her retirement. She has published two devotionals and a number of articles for magazines and a Bible study. She is owner of Under the Cover of Prayer and moderates the site. She also writes at A Better Way. Jan is working on a couple children’s books in which she is also the watercolour illustrator.