Are you hearing from God?
Fall has arrived and we snowbirds have flown south to Arizona. After an extremely busy summer I have spent this past week relaxing and trying to listen to God’s voice.
How often do you listen to God’s voice?
Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending a retreat in the mountains up in Pine Arizona with my Bible study group called The Bible Babes. We had a wonderful weekend and it certainly helped me adjust and get through jet lag.
Now I am ready to see where God will lead me. Our group is finishing a Bible study by Beth Moore called Living Beyond Yourself. This past week we studied “gentleness”. It was a great lesson to review the concept of living like Jesus.
Here are some wonderful statements from her study:
- Gentleness is responsibility with power.
- Gentleness is riding the wind of God’s will and setting sail toward the remote island of intimacy.
- Allow Jesus to comb out the tangles of your life until you are free.
- Physical posture can have a great impact on spiritual stature. (don’t forget to kneel!)
- To miss God’s Word in our circumstances is to miss God.
- God’s teachers are bound to God’s opinion, the only one which truly matters.
- Only God’s Word is the absolute truth! Only God’s Word can sanctify believers.
- God’s teacher is the vessel while God’s Word packs the punch.
As we come together today let’s remember to be gentle towards others and towards ourselves. Let’s remember to study God’s Word and pray. This is one way we can hear from God.
Today is Sunday Stillness.
I like to link to:
Scroll to the bottom to link your posts. This is Sunday Stillness.