Wednesday’s Word – Worship
Sunday was Ascension Sunday – and we heard a great sermon called “Home Again”. Some of the truths I learned about worship:
- worship is not just singing to God
- worship is exercising your spirit (your mind and feelings can be part of this)
- one of the keys to spiritual power is worship
- to exercise our spirits we need to work at it – it is like a muscle that needs to be stretched and toned
- when we sing we need to listen and appreciate the words we are singing
- we exist to tap into the power of the risen Christ
- if Jesus is home again, then we are at home with Him
- the age to study the Bible is now
- Jesus is at home now preparing a place for us.
That last one struck home as that is the first piece of Scripture I memorized as a child at a Bible camp:
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:1-6, KJV).
As I worship – whether in prayer, in singing, in walking outside – every way I worship I am working at being aware of God, thanking Him and coming into His Presence.
Willingly Offering Reverence Showing Him Intentional Praise
“Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – This is your spiritual act of worship” (Romans 12:1, NIV).
This week let’s try to exercise our spiritual muscle. (tweet this)
Each Wednesday we hold a Wednesday’s Word Community. Please check the rules of Wednesday’s Word if you are here for the first time. Feel free to add your link below about God’s Word. And we all love comments.
May you look at worship in a different way this week.
After you link please go to the blog that is in front of you and comment on their site. Words of encouragement mean so much to each of us. If you have time visit more of the writers.
Linking on Wednesdays to: