Can I Joy Dare You? Week 12
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
March 18 ~ 3 gifts red
- the blood of Jesus – shed for us
- the Canadian Flag – coming home soon
- a red rose – reminded me of the rose of Sharon – Song of Solomon 2:1 –
“I am a rose of Sharon,
a lily of the valleys” (Song of Solomon 2:1, NIV).
March 19 ~ 3 gifts eaten
- my morning apple, the crunch, the crispness, the sweetness
- taking communion with the children on Sunday at Sunday School – a wafer dipped in grape juice – the song sung – the quietness – a Holy moment
- leftovers – I love leftovers. Very little preparation and still so delicious
March 20 ~ 3 gifts that made you laugh
- my grandson born today at 10:04 MST – Grandpa and I are dancing and laughing with joy, our 6th grandchild
- watching Snowball’s antics – she really is too funny – you have to laugh when she met her favourite friend – she jumped out of the cart and zoomed around to jump up on him
- friend on line trying to book a hotel; but they won’t let her book as a single; so she types in No One (for the first name) and Else (for the last name); the computer accepted her reservation
March 21 ~ a gift salty, sweet, and just right
- salty – oh it is hard not to enjoy salty rice chips
- sweet – grapefruit straight from the tree
- just right – a picture of our newborn grandson in his Father’s arms
March 22 ~ 3 gifts found in His Word
- Jesus is my Strength and my Song :
“Fear can block the flow of my Strength into you. Instead of trying to flight your fears, concentrate on trusting Me” (Jesus Calling, March 21).
- Jesus Died for me:
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved meand gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20, NIV).
and the I have Been Crucified by Christ sung by Robin Mark
- Jesus is my freedom:
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Corinthians 3:17, NIV).
March 23 ~ 3 gifts found in women
So many wonderful new women on line: Here are 3 new ones for me.
- Laura Rath Journey in Faith Twitter
- Where He Leads we Follow Twitter
- Nancy at There is Grace Twitter
March 24 ~ 3 gifts spoken
- great sermon this morning on “All In” – a call for the church to be a part of the body of Christ
- kind words of my hubby as he adjusted his schedule so I could attend a prayer meeting
- a wonderful prayer meeting; hearing the words of so many people as we lifted our voices praying for our church
Beautiful, Janis! Isn’t it all the more special when it feels like a scavenger hunt? Looking deeper to see the beauty opens up new places in the heart. Lovely.
Sometimes I find the clues very difficult and really have to think. And even discuss them with my hubby.
Great to meet you. The grapefruit tree belongs to a neighbour in our community – they ask people to pick them – so we do.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family Janis….I love births…each time a child is born I imagine God smiling upon the earth…shedding hope of another tomorrow!
That friend of yours booking the hotel had me giggling….I’m so sharing it with my girl friends….!
Have a super blessed day!
PS: are the grapefruits yours?
Thanks … I am really excited to go and hug this one. Waiting is hard.
I laughed too when I read her Facebook response to the hotel reservation.