Can I Joy Dare You? Week 24
Butterfly Batik Watercolour by Janis Cox
Please see the right sidebar for more information.
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
There is only one picture this week. It was extremely busy week as I attended a writers’ conference. I hope you enjoy reading them without the pictures. I am too tired to even look for them.
June 10 ~ a gift at 8 am; 12; and 2 pm
- 8 am: my favourite time of quiet before we being our day – just resting in the Lord, awaiting His Voice
- 12: lunch time, my favourite – leftovers from last night’s dinner
- 8 pm: I have finished most of my week’s posts before I head for an award’s ceremony and a 3-day conference
June 11 ~ 3 gifts painted
- no one can paint like God can paint; look around you, see the details, the shading, the light
- checked out my craft for Saturday – a torn Tadeo Turtle (not really painted but crafted)
- putting my paintings and my cards with my paintings in my car to take to the conference
June 12 ~ 3 gifts full
- starting my morning looking after my grandson- such a blessing; taking him to daycare
- a very full day – driving to Mississauga; missing the turn and thanking God for my GPS; picking up a friend; trying to find the hotel; getting lunch; getting a snack before the awards dinner; helping on the door with tickets; watching the Awards Gala
- full of anticipation; waiting for the announcement; hearing Tadeo’s name – and being called to the front to accept the Best Children’s Book of 2013
June 13 ~ 3 gifts smelled
- early morning rain – you know the smell – fresh, yet full of a heavy scent
- arriving at the conference – smells of trees, grass – but stuffed nose because of allergies
- someone wore perfume and my friend is severely allergic to perfume; so we asked people not to put on anymore fragrances
June 14 ~ a gift unexpected; unwanted; unlikely
- unexpected: I woke up before the 6am alarm even though we went to bed late
- unwanted: I didn’t want to feel sleepy in my classes so I had a tea for lunch (I don’t usually drink tea or coffee)
- unlikely: It is highly unlikely that I will retain 10 percent of what I am learning at this conference
June 15 ~ 3 gifts in His Word
- to be able to read His Word and remember the stories
- the more I read a passage the better I recall it when needed for prayer
- the idea that we can be inspired by God in our writing and praying before we write is essential
June 16 ~ 3 gifts moving
- my little grandson is on the move; he is starting to take hesitant steps back and forth, his little face full of the glee of accomplishment
- all I have done this past week is move stuff; from my house to the car; into the hotel; out of the hotel; into the conference; back into the car; into my daughter’s house and finally back home. Thanks to my hubby for lugging the stuff back into the house. Now to put it away
- I am moving into a different direction. Watching and waiting to see where God is leading me this time.
Once again I have added a place for you to put your links. It will remain open for a month. Let’s continue to build this JOY DARE community.