Can I Joy Dare You? – Week 8
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
February 18 ~ gifts on paper
- working through our tax papers
- writing in my journal
- new paintings on white paper
February 19 ~ 3 gifts that were plan “B”
- forgot that I needed to post to Family and Faith Matters but read a great article on media influence on children so wrote about that
- memory: we planned to sell our house but God had other plans and we sold our cottage instead (very good result)
- had to return home from art class as I forgot my palette but in that time I remembered my cheque book to pay as well
February 20 ~ a gift at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- my hubby and I sitting at breakfast discussing all sorts of things
- we ordered a new (used) car for me for when we return to Canada so we will have two vehicles
- a wonderful phone conversation with my middle daughter
February 21 ~ three gifts white
- snow in Mesa, Arizona in February
- a beautiful white egret
- a blank page to write or paint on
February 22 ~ 3 gifts that changed today
- I slept in this morning until 7am (usually I wake around 6am)
- my dance teacher told me I had changed in the past two years – to becoming more graceful – I grew from gangling and unbalanced to balanced and “graceful”
- my hubby and I went out to dinner – a very unusual occurrence because of my allergies; we tried a Mexican place and the corn Fahitas were amazing
February 23 ~ a gift of tin, glass, wood
- my drawing instructor does beautiful work with bronze (which is a mixture of tin and lead)
- in order to see I need glasses
- I have a wooden FISH that I bought from an outdoor market; a sign of Jesus
February 24 ~ 3 gifts before 11 am
- sitting in a flipback chair in the quiet morning listening to God
- a quick walk in the brisk windy morning with Snowball and hubby
- music that filled my soul at church
Would love to hear your comments. And make a list of blessings and put them in the comments. Or give me your link where you list the gifts.
Your paintings are so lovely, Janis. And that white egret? breathtaking.
Yes I had to crop that egret – he was up so high in the sky. I will try to paint him some day as well.
Sometimes it takes a little work to find the deeper “gifts” that the Lord gives us every day, but often I’ve discovered things that way that I wouldn’t have had a single thought about. Thanks for sharing these, as you continue to take the Joy Dare! I also am listing His blessings!
In His Love, ❤Ann @ Christ in the Clouds
Yes – it does take more time and searching but when I find them I am so excited. Sometimes I am astonished that I find what I thought was impossible. I will check you out.
Thanks for dropping by,
Oh how I love how you are sharing the joy dare. I have been doing mine on Face Book everyday. But I love this idea of blogging it once a week. I have been wanting to write it somewhere else. Love this. I love your paper. This is so encouraging and up lifting thank you for sharing. I may just have to jump on the idea of poting a weeks worth of Joy Dare on my blog.
So great to meet you. If you post on your blog be sure to connect with me.
There are so many things in life for which we should give thanks, yet overlook so many of them. I love reading what others learn to appreciate and give thanks for. Stopping by from SDG. Bless you!
Yes – the regular every day stuff – can be such a blessing if we look for it. I love reading others lists too.