Counting to 3000
Joining Ann Voskamp and the Joy Dare for 2012. I am still counting the gifts (since January 2011). Another 1000 this year and on to 3000 for 2013.
Are you keeping a list of gratitude? Here are Ann’s words.
Why bother keeping a gratitude list of His gifts?
Because if you keep a gratitude list, you:
1. Have a relative absence of stress and depression. (Woods et al., 2008)
2. Make progress towards important personal goals (Emmons and McCullough, 2003)
3. Report higher levels of determination and energy (Emmons and McCullough, 2003)
4. Feel closer in their relationships and desire to build stronger relationships (Algoe and Haidt, 2009)
5. Increase your happiness by 25% — (Who wouldn’t want a quarter more happiness!) (McCullough et al., 2002)
Another way to do this is to make a Gratitude Box – in it you can drop notes of Gratitude (the whole family can participate). At the end of 2013 – you take out the pieces of paper and read over your year of blessings.
Here is my list for this week:
- great visit will our kids and grandkids
- good travelling weather (in the snowy north)
- Putting treats for the birds on a little tree outside – cranberries, oranges
- sweet singing around a little Christmas tree – O Christmas tree (outside)
- putting grandkids to bed on the night before Christmas
- surprise – Santa came – even stocking for hubby and myself
- granddaughter (5) is learning to sew on a big sewing machine
- delicious turkey made by son-in-law … mmm good
- singing “Happy Birthday to Jesus” before our meal
- relaxing on Boxing Day – even had a nap!
- sleeping well while travelling
- the peace and calm after a snowfall
- watching baby find his voice, and use hand signals (10 months)
- a sleigh ride for baby
- baby ‘s first attempt at crawling
- a new trike
- singing to daughter on the phone “Happy Birthday”
- animal camouflage – beautiful pictures
- reading to baby
- singing to another daughter at dinner – “Happy Birthday”
- hard Eucharisteo – I have a sore throat – YUCK
- thanks to Tylenol, hot salt water gargle, Vit C, garlic … am coping
- patience of my family as I am slow, slow and more slow with this bug
- flying back to AZ