Linking again to Lisa-Jo and Five-Minute Fridays.
Word today is FOCUS. Go
The following Scriptures spoke to me this morning:
“…we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV).
“Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it” (Proverbs 4:3 NIV).
So I need to bring every thought captive in obedience to Christ. That takes focus – choice. And lots of prayer. Do I do that? – NO. Am I trying? – YES.
Where is my focus?
When I lived as a Martha – my focus was ME and what I could accomplish. As I lean toward becoming a Mary – I focus on GOD.
Does that make a difference? I looked at what I think I looked like to others before:
- worried about everything being perfect
Hopefully what they see now:
- More focused when I do something – one thing at a time
- a relaxed nature
- more God time
- adding a new pursuit – piano
I figure I can add another pursuit because if God wants me to do it – He will make the time.
What have I learned in my Mary pursuit:
- relax in all endeavours
- break away to refresh when needed
- balance my time
- don’t look at the forest – focus on each tree
- remember people – FOCUS on them, they are more important than “things”
- most important – my morning time with God – listening to Him
- God is enough