Linking again to Lisa-Jo and Five-Minute Fridays.
Word today is FOCUS. Go
The following Scriptures spoke to me this morning:
“…we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV).
“Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it” (Proverbs 4:3 NIV).
So I need to bring every thought captive in obedience to Christ. That takes focus – choice. And lots of prayer. Do I do that? – NO. Am I trying? – YES.
Where is my focus?
When I lived as a Martha – my focus was ME and what I could accomplish. As I lean toward becoming a Mary – I focus on GOD.
Does that make a difference? I looked at what I think I looked like to others before:
- worried about everything being perfect
Hopefully what they see now:
- More focused when I do something – one thing at a time
- a relaxed nature
- more God time
- adding a new pursuit – piano
I figure I can add another pursuit because if God wants me to do it – He will make the time.
What have I learned in my Mary pursuit:
- relax in all endeavours
- break away to refresh when needed
- balance my time
- don’t look at the forest – focus on each tree
- remember people – FOCUS on them, they are more important than “things”
- most important – my morning time with God – listening to Him
- God is enough
It is a work in progress – just as we are works in progress. We can get so easily distracted into the world’s viewpoint. What really matters?
It does take intentional effort to remain focused on God and people, family or friends. We are so easily distracted by things of little or no value when we truly focus on our purpose. Good post!!