What Are My Personal Writing Goals for 2014? – A Blog Hop
I am joining a number of writers in a Blog Hop. This is the first week. Ruth Snyder is running the hop and you can find our first Links on Ruth’s Blog. Every other Monday we will continue the blog hop. I hope you join us in writing and/or reading the posts.
I would encourage you to sign up for my monthly newsletter. Receive a free ebook – Living Life – One Word at a Time. See the Sidebar for instructions.
My writing and my artwork twirl together. As I am led in one area the other one seems to follow.
Goals and plans are made but must remain open to God’s leading. I have tried writing schedules and except for my morning times, something always seems to interrupt them.
Being retired (read realignment), means my time is my own (not) – or should I say it is God’s time. As He inspires me and as He leads me I follow.
But here are some of my writing dreams:
- to pray, to read, study, and listen to God
- to relax and enjoy this experience
- to continue to let God lead me
- to publish more books
- to find a rhythm to posting my blogs: I write on these sites, Under the Cover of Prayer, Family and Faith Matters, and Inscribe Writers Online
- to tackle social media and get control of it so it doesn’t control me
- to actually paint the illustrations for 2 books
After much prayer, study and listening I have decided that this year will be the Year of FOLLOW.
God has the plan
I will listen to Him. (click to tweet)
Relationship with Jesus is the key
It is not about me. (click to tweet)
TODAY. The Word tomorrow is not in the Holy Spirit’s vocabulary. When Jesus calls us to follow, He means right now. He means today. ~ Kyle Idleman from Not a Fan (click to tweet)
I want to be ready to say, “Yes, Lord.”
My goal for 2014 is to be a Christ Follower. (click to tweet)