7 Habits for 2013
A new year – a new start.
Here are a few of my thoughts from this morning’s meditation:
1. “Stay with Me”, says the LORD
– I am to remember to always start my day with Him
2. Get organized.
I think that lately I have been scattered. Not sure if it is the newness of marketing, the ideas flowing so ferociously, that my computer is smack dab in the middle of my kitchen – my husband, our dog, the people walking by outside my window. But I need a plan – for food, for housekeeping, for writing, for computer time.
3. Get a year’s plan.
I want to develop a year’s plan of what I think God wants me to head for, expecting that my course my have many side trails and stop signs.
4. Keep memorizing Scripture.
I have 17 Scriptures under my belt. I had to work hard to get them into this brain. Certainly not as easy as it was years ago. But with practice I can learn to memorize.
5. Continue to Count the Gifts
– I am switching to the JOY DARE from Ann Voskamp because I need more focus on the wonders of God’s gifts.
6. Read more non-fiction with intention to spread what I read.
I have many books on my shelf and on my Kindle. I want to work through these with intention. My first one when it arrives will be Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinberg. This book seems to follow the counting of gifts – to be aware of in tune with God.
7. To focus on the WORD that God has given me for this year (will say more about that later).
This past year the WORD was TRUST – and I think that I became closer to God by trusting Him. I will continue to trust Him this year.
Those are my habits that will be pinned to my bulletin board. I plan to review them and make sure I am following His leading and never be afraid to add another Habit.
Blessings to all my readers.
Linking to Walk With Him Wednesdays – posting a spiritual practice that draws us nearer to His heart.