Can I Joy Dare You – Week 13
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
Can I Joy Dare You? #1000Gifts. (Tweet this).
March 25 ~ a gift sung, written and painted
- sung: the praise song 10000 Reasons – Matt Redman
- written: a blog post written for Family and Faith Matters – What is One Green Way to Save Money?
- painted: my Tadeo painting hanging in someone’s home. How delightful is that?
March 26 ~ 3 gifts almost gone
- maple syrup – I heard hubby say oh this is the last
- our time here in Arizona is drawing to a close – fruit trees, flowers, dust, allergies – colourful
- meats in the freezer – almost empty
March 27 ~ 3 gifts redeemed
- using my eyes to read the newspaper, see the computer, and see God’s creation
- using my gift of administration to organize my blog and writing
- using my gift of communication to write
March 28 ~ 3 gifts entwined
- how God brought me to know the Bible Babes and how our lives are becoming entwined
- the people that God has brought into our lives in Arizona – sometimes fascinating who knows whom – 6 degrees of separation?
- a Bible verse to show the strength of God in our lives:
“A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Ecclesiates 4:12, NIV).
March 29 ~ 3 gifts of His promises
- Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
“but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 (The theme of my website)
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
March 30 ~ 3 gifts uncovered
- we found BMO Harris in Arizona that will connect directly with our bank in Canada to make it easier for us
- Oswald Chambers (March 30) – always has me thinking. He said:
“Preaching the Gospel has its share of pitfalls, but intercessory prayer has none whatsoever.”
- From Experiencing God and Daniel 3:17:
“The God we serve is able … and He will.”
March 31 ~ a gift heard, held and hoped for
- heard: wonderful sermon this morning – “He is risen.” “We do not need to fear death”.
“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
- held: I snuggled with Snowball this afternoon
- hoped for: I am hoping for a continued life with Christ
Hi, Janis! You have shared so many wonderful gifts from the Lord on your Joy Dare list! The pictures are sweet, too! Love the flower photos. What are the red flower hanging down? They are so unique-looking. Being in Arizona, are they tropical?
In His Love, ❤Ann @ Christ in the Clouds
Thanks for commenting. The red flowers I think are called Bottle Brush, at least that is what the people call them around here. And I am not even sure if they “belong” here or were added to our area.
You did well with the Joy Dare. I was having a hard time following the topics. We are ordering maple syrup this month. Can’t wait. Love the promises you posted.
I find the JOY DARE very difficult sometimes. I really have to pray and ask God to tell me exactly what to look for. He always does. Thanks for commenting and your encouragement.
Oh, I love that maple syrup, especially on pancakes! And I would snuggle with Snowball too if I could. He looks soooo cuddly. I love the wisdom of the Oswald Chamber prayer. Lovely post, thank you.
Snowball is a little girl and she is the snuggliest. Thanks for your warm words.