Can I Joy Dare You – Week 13
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
Can I Joy Dare You? #1000Gifts. (Tweet this).
March 25 ~ a gift sung, written and painted
- sung: the praise song 10000 Reasons – Matt Redman
- written: a blog post written for Family and Faith Matters – What is One Green Way to Save Money?
- painted: my Tadeo painting hanging in someone’s home. How delightful is that?
March 26 ~ 3 gifts almost gone
- maple syrup – I heard hubby say oh this is the last
- our time here in Arizona is drawing to a close – fruit trees, flowers, dust, allergies – colourful
- meats in the freezer – almost empty
March 27 ~ 3 gifts redeemed
- using my eyes to read the newspaper, see the computer, and see God’s creation
- using my gift of administration to organize my blog and writing
- using my gift of communication to write
March 28 ~ 3 gifts entwined
- how God brought me to know the Bible Babes and how our lives are becoming entwined
- the people that God has brought into our lives in Arizona – sometimes fascinating who knows whom – 6 degrees of separation?
- a Bible verse to show the strength of God in our lives:
“A cord of three strands is not quickly broken” (Ecclesiates 4:12, NIV).
March 29 ~ 3 gifts of His promises
- Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
“but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.”
- 1 Peter 5:7 (The theme of my website)
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
March 30 ~ 3 gifts uncovered
- we found BMO Harris in Arizona that will connect directly with our bank in Canada to make it easier for us
- Oswald Chambers (March 30) – always has me thinking. He said:
“Preaching the Gospel has its share of pitfalls, but intercessory prayer has none whatsoever.”
- From Experiencing God and Daniel 3:17:
“The God we serve is able … and He will.”
March 31 ~ a gift heard, held and hoped for
- heard: wonderful sermon this morning – “He is risen.” “We do not need to fear death”.
“Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
- held: I snuggled with Snowball this afternoon
- hoped for: I am hoping for a continued life with Christ