Can I Joy Dare You? – Week 7
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
February 11 – 3 gifts working
- cashiers with smiles, helpful sales clerks
- as I traverse the Internet, beautiful words of faith-filled women and men
- renewed in my spirit – by taking the time to talk to God
February 12 – 3 Hard Eucharisteos
- my aunt Dorothy passed away – not many left from that generation
- watching friends with husbands suffering
- watching family member struggle when someone close to her suffered a loss
February 13 – 3 gifts behind a door
- a door that opens so I can have a visit to my Naturopath – what a blessing she is
- a door into my tap dancing class – fun, music and fellowship
- opening the freezer door to find lots of great food ready to be cooked
February 14 – 3 ways you feel the love of God
- sitting in the sunshine studying Max Lucado’s book, In the Grip of Grace
- during my Bible study with the Bible Babes – loved and accepted
- enjoying my husband’s company on Valentine’s day and every day, a rose from a Valentine’s dance
February 15 – a gift in losing, in finding, and making something
- I dropped $2.00 and didn’t notice it;
- a gentleman tracked me down to give it back
- a delicious dinner of garlic scallops, quinoa with spinach, and green beans
February 16 – 3 gifts of shadows
February 17 – 3 gifts found while giving/serving
- fun, fun and more fun Sunday morning storytelling at 2 Sunday School services
- seeing the sweet faces of children as I told the story and they acted out the parts
- watching how they listened to the story and remembered it
great list! i try to keep a gratitude journal but having the prompts seem like a great way to do it. i should try this!
I kept a Gratitude Journal since 2010. So I had counted to 2000. But this year I decided to try something more intentional – it certainly keeps me looking and thinking.
Thanks for your comment,
Love your list…going day by day.
I find it really keeps me focussed in looking for the wonder of God,
Love the list.
Thanks for your comment.