Can I Joy Dare You? – Weeks 14 and 15
After my week’s blogging holiday I have 2 weeks of blessings to tell you. I kept doing the Scavenger Hunt. Some days were difficult but I think I managed to capture them.
I decided to add a LINKY today. Hope you join me in counting the gifts. Follow the instructions below.
Don’t forget to follow me by my RSS Feed; Twitter; Facebook; or Pinterest.
As I continue to count the gifts I feel like I have been on a scavenger hunt seeking new things. A wonderful week searching and looking. Thanks so much to Ann Voskamp for leading this journey.
Can I Joy Dare You? #1000Gifts. (Tweet this).
April 1 ~ 3 gifts round
- one of many round cacti starting to bloom
- a southwestern patterned ornament
- looking down at our Mexican’s hat
April 2 ~ 3 gifts white
- our Snowball meets a new friend
- white buds of spring
- our white crane or egret – always around the lake
April 3 ~ 3 gifts surprisingly found
- peace when I could have been frustrated with a telephone provider
- relaxed at dinner even when we have to get packed up
- I am almost packed
April 4 ~ 3 gifts in His Word
- 2 Chronicles 16:9: God seeks the hearts of His people
- Psalm 119:105: God’s Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path
- Isaiah 64:8 You, Lord are the Potter
April 5 ~ gifts at 11am, 2pm, 6pm
This was travel day.
- 11 am: waiting in line at the airport (long line) but people loved Snowball
- 2 pm: we are somewhere over the United States in our airplane; working on my memory work
- 6 pm: haven’t landed yet but feeling great
April 6 ~ 3 gifts nailed together
This was a tough one.
- boards to make a fence in a backyard
- a home built so we can have shelter (2x4s made a sturdy home)
- upholstery nailed to the wood to make a couch
April 7 ~ 3 gifts waited for
- seeing our 6th new grandchild – and holding him for the first time – over 2 weeks waiting
- I think of Snowball who always is waiting for the words, “Let’s go for a walk”.
- a good dinner out with 4 kids, 4 adults and 1 baby
April 8 ~ 3 gifts rising up
- finally got up at 6:30 am (Jet lag of 3 hours – meaning it really was 3:30am Arizona time)
- waiting for children who will be rising up for school in a couple of minutes
- waiting for the cupcakes to rise (granddaughter and friend made strawberry cupcakes)
April 9 ~ a gift hiding, a gift held, a gift heard
- Hiding: The phone was hiding and I couldn’t find it. I followed the ring and there it was
- Held: the hands of my grandchildren on a walk and in prayer before bed
- Heard: Getting used to noises of the city; people close by; bangs
April 10 ~ 3 gifts opened up
- my eyes, Lord, yes You opened my eyes to see You
- the sky; the clouds parted and the sky opened; the rain and the thunder stopped before I had to pick up the children from school
- You opened my eyes to spring as I saw my first robin
April 11 ~ 3 gifts budding and blooming
Our travel day back to Haliburton
- my grandchildren – I saw 5 of them this week – budding and blooming
- not much budding in Haliburton yet – snow still here; dull grey but I know under the earth is new life forming
- we did see buds and blooms starting in Toronto and Peterborough
April 12 ~ 3 gifts worn
- I did not get worn out travelling this past week
- I am memorizing Scripture so it can be worn at all times as suggested in Deuteronomy 11:18
- my Bible is getting worn – that is a good sign that it is being read. Some pages are dog-eared
April 13 ~ 3 gifts bright
- this morning we do not have the bright daily sun of Arizona – dull, cloudy, cold
- thankful for our overhead lights which give us lots of brightness on a dull day
- from Job 11:17
Life will be brighter than noonday,
and darkness will become like morning.
And the song Amazing Grace:
When we’ve been here ten thousand years…
bright shining as the sun.
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise…
then when we’ve first begun.
Here is my favourite version with Amazing Grace – My chains are gone. Chris Tomlin
April 14 ~ 3 gifts found looking up
- this morning at 6 am I looked outside; cloud and snow on the ground; but there was a tiny bit of blue sky
- as we drove to church I looked through the sunroof and out came the sun, shining brightly – yahoo
- as we attended our church service I looked up at the choir and there were smiling faces saying welcome home
I thought I would add a LINKY today so you could link the posts about counting the gifts. Let’s join with others, encourage them, learn from them.
I love Chris Tomlin’s version as well. What a lovely post! God blessings are everywhere, we just need to have eyes to see them!
I’m so glad you got to spend time with your grandbabies. What a joy! Thanks so much for linking up to “Making Your Home Sing Monday” today! 🙂
Janis, it was so kind of you to invite me to your new linky. I look forward to meeting new friends. Please know that my Joy Day! posts are usually 2-parters. One part some sort of inspiration and the second part encouraging others to count gifts. I realize that many of my readers may not be familiar with Ann or the Joy Dare and so I do something a bit different. But…it works and it’s helpful to some. Hope that is okay for your linky.
Wishing you an Extraordinary week!
Thank you for letting me know about your linky! LOVE that version of Amazing Grace!!
Thank you for linking. And that is my favourite version of Amazing Grace as well. These chains are gone… just love those words.
Spread the word about the Link.