I want to Surrender to God but I don’t know How
Today is 5-Minute Friday and the prompt is SURRENDER. Five minutes to write… Set the timer. GO.
As I surrender to God I ask Him to give me the words to write. I think back – to the year 2000. That’s when I did life mostly all by myself. I felt as if my stress level was huge.
I felt burdened with the cares of this world.
But the Lord turned me around and gave me this scripture that I have memorized from 1 Peter 5:7.
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
That’s exactly what I needed to do. And I did. The pain went away. I slept well. I didn’t worry about much any more, because I knew – I really knew that God had it under control.
And the next memorized Scripture was:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
To surrender takes work. It takes time. It takes trust.
My life has changed. Yours can too. Surrender to God.
Are you stressed? Do you feel as if you life is out of control? Do you want to be closer to Jesus? Do you need to surrender to Jesus?
I’m working to help you. At the moment I have two ways to help you find the way to surrender to Him.
- I run a Facebook Group that is safe, and comfortable. It’s where we can grow closer to God; where we can study His Word. Join us. Growing Through God’s Word.
- There is an exciting opportunity for all believers to dig deeper into their faith. We will be studying David Kitz’s book, “The Soldier Who Killed a King”. Starting February 14. But for the next 6 days we are offering free books as well (for as long as they last). So join us. Book study With David Kitz and Janis Cox.
3 Ways to Surrender All
- Get up with God. Pray and connect. Go to bed with God. Pray and thank Him for the day.
- Pick up your Bible and read something. Then journal, draw and/or meditate on it throughout the day.
- Join somewhere with believers. I have given you 2 ideas. There are many more.
If any one needs prayer, please feel free to contact me. (Email Janis).