Crafting Saturdays – Egg Carton Tadeo Turtle
A simple project but fun to do. You can make a school of turtles, which I found out is called a “bale of turtles”. This week we look at how to make a simple egg carton Tadeo turtle.
- Egg Carton (either styrofoam or cardboard)
- Googly Eyes (not necessary but fun)
- Paper (construction, coloured paper, card stock)
1. Cut out each egg pocket from the case of eggs.
2. From the paper, cut out 2 round circles (use a bottle for tracing) to match the pocket; cut out 1 head, 1 tail and 4 legs.
3. Glue the inner edges of the appendages (head, tail and 4 legs) inside the two rounded circles. They are stuck inside the circle.
4. Colour the shell using paint or markers.
5. Glue the shell to the circled paper
6. Put the googly eyes on the header and using a marker, mark the toes on each foot.
Bottle Cap Tadeo Turtles:
Smaller Turtles can be made from water bottle caps. Or any cap will do. Using the same method as above. I found that to get the watercolour paint to adhere to the plastic cap I needed to paint the cap with glue first (or Podge).
Connect With Janis
In 2001, Janis gave her life to Christ. She started journaling as a way to organize her thoughts, feelings, and prayers. She is a member of two cross-Canadian Christian writers’ groups, The Word Guild and Inscribe Christian Writers Fellowship.
She podcasts on Hope Stream Radio, an Internet radio station. Her talk Growing Through God’s Word can be heard each Tuesday.
Janis loves to tell others about what God has done and is doing in her life.
Please join her at Word of God Speak Facebook Group to learn more about memorizing Scripture through art.
Please click to get 2 Free Ebooks, Living Life – One Word at a Time and Five Ways God Changed Me.