Find out how to battle Satan strikes even when there is a major glitch in your plans.
I have been writing on Medium.com for the past two months. Sorry that I haven’t always been posting on this blog. I would ask that you drop over to my Medium page and join in to wonderful blog posts on faith. (and everything else). I will try on Monday’s to remember to send the link to my blog post.
There is a clapping system instead of LIKES. You can clap up to 50 times. But your claps are supposed to balance your feelings towards to piece. So clap away.
Here is today’s post.
Will this Unbelievable Glitch ruin Our conference?
Where should I start in my new posts for this year? I think I will start with an update of what will be happening this fall.
What’s happening in my writer’s life?
I fly out to Calgary, Alberta, the week of September 19 to partake in my first book tour. Colleen McCubbin my publisher of Siretona Creative is setting up places for us to visit with my books.. Then we will both travel to Edmonton for the Inscribe Conference. At the end of that we will return to Calgary and do two more days of touring. I am very excited to see where God will lead us in this venture. (click to tweet)
What’s happening in my guest post blogging?
Over the summer I have jotted down a few ideas of what to post on two blogs that I belong.
I have a back-to-school special offer for The Kingdom of Thrim.You can receive the 5-pak extension activities for free ($2.99 value) when you purchase a copy of my book. (click to tweet)
If you buy through Amazon please send me a receipt and I will send you the activities. If you buy here I will know and send you the package.
What’s happening during my prayer life?
During the summer I had much time to think and pray. I have found out that I need to be focused on one thing at a time. For some reason my brain likes to flit from one thing to another. I am learning to focus and do one task – until it is finished. Then on to the next. It has helped me to make a list of tasks and try to tick them off as they are done.
Don’t use social media, blogging, or texting until 60 minutes or more has gone past since you woke up. This has been a big one for me. Now I can relax and focus on what God is teaching me.
Do something that terrifies you – it says to do this each day. Well I have been trying to do it at least once a week. I spoke in front of the church on Sunday without notes. I am planning my first ever book tour.
Replace warm showers with cold ones. Again I am slowly working into this. I have a short cool down shower after my hot one. And I mean cool not cold. I can’t go cold yet.
Those are just 3 new ones I am trying. Check out the list. I do the no sugar, and go to bed early and rise early. I am working on another three and will share another time.
Would love to hear what’s happening in your life. How can I pray for you?
Over the past, I think about eight years, I have belong to Inscribe Writers Online. This year I felt determined to attend this conference because I want to see all my friends that I know only through the Internet. Yes I have seen their faces on Facebook and have chatted on email and through a list serv. But I want to meet and talk with them. Pray with them. Worship with them.
2. So I am booked to fly on Wednesday September 23 and stay until Sunday September 27. I have signed up for the early bird workshop with Jeff Goins – his latest book is The Art of Work and is filled with life giving, important information. I want to listen to him and discuss these ideas.
3. One of the courses I have chosen is to learn more about public speaking. Since I am now on Hope Stream Radio I want to improve how I speak.
4. I have signed up for a children’s writers’ workshop – almost ready to publish my next children’s book and I want more input.
5. I love being in the company of believers who are writers. It’s amazing to find a family that is so like me. Wow! Just love it.
6. I have attended Write!Canada which is sponsored by The Word Guild – another writers’ group I belong to. I know the feeling and knowledge that I get when I attend that conference. So I want to do that again this year – I went in June to Write!Canada. Now’s my chance.
7. I want to meet with the Inscribe Executive – they have become very important people to me over the past couple of year. Ruth Snyder, especially, is such an amazing woman – that I want to have a chance to really sit down with her and have a chat.
There are my seven reasons. Are you interesting in attending such a wonderful place? Drop over to Inscribe and see what it’s all about.
I attended a writer’s conference last week. Lots on my mind. No time for Creative Tuesdays but if you have enjoyed following the link, here is it: Creative Tuesdays – Aqua.
We met our team from Hope Stream Radio for a photo-opt. It wasn’t easy getting us together but we did it. We kept losing someone. I have a podcast every Tuesday and sometimes on Saturday.
Kimberley Payne interviewed me for her podcasting venture. She has developed a program called BEEP – Bible, Exercise, Eating, Prayer. She interviewed 4 of us to find out how we do “BEEP on the road”. Below is the link to her interview on YouTube.