Thoughtful Thursday – Seven Reasons Why I am Going to the Inscribe Conference in Alberta
Why do I want to fly to Edmonton to attend a writers’ conference?
- Over the past, I think about eight years, I have belong to Inscribe Writers Online. This year I felt determined to attend this conference because I want to see all my friends that I know only through the Internet. Yes I have seen their faces on Facebook and have chatted on email and through a list serv. But I want to meet and talk with them. Pray with them. Worship with them.
2. So I am booked to fly on Wednesday September 23 and stay until Sunday September 27. I have signed up for the early bird workshop with Jeff Goins – his latest book is The Art of Work and is filled with life giving, important information. I want to listen to him and discuss these ideas.
3. One of the courses I have chosen is to learn more about public speaking. Since I am now on Hope Stream Radio I want to improve how I speak.
4. I have signed up for a children’s writers’ workshop – almost ready to publish my next children’s book and I want more input.
5. I love being in the company of believers who are writers. It’s amazing to find a family that is so like me. Wow! Just love it.
6. I have attended Write!Canada which is sponsored by The Word Guild – another writers’ group I belong to. I know the feeling and knowledge that I get when I attend that conference. So I want to do that again this year – I went in June to Write!Canada. Now’s my chance.
7. I want to meet with the Inscribe Executive – they have become very important people to me over the past couple of year. Ruth Snyder, especially, is such an amazing woman – that I want to have a chance to really sit down with her and have a chat.
There are my seven reasons. Are you interesting in attending such a wonderful place? Drop over to Inscribe and see what it’s all about.
And find out more about 7 Essential Habits for Christian Writers.
I have heard it is a fabulous resource. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet as I am getting ready to go away.