How Medium can help us grow personally and in our faith
And how you can be a part of spreading God’s Word around the world by using Medium.
What is Medium?
When I started writing on Medium in 2015, I had no idea how to do it. I would post something and that would be it. No interaction. No claps (we had likes back then). Not until I took a course by Tom Kuegler did I see the possibilities.
Now I see how God can use this platform
I see how we can reach others and learn from one another.
When I ran my personal blog I had interaction. But my blog didn’t seem to want to grow. It was stuck at 300 followers. That’s when I decided to make Medium my main writing platform.
Then I joined other publications as a writer. That was exciting.
But I kept hearing God say: “There is more to this Janis.”
I waited. I heard about setting up my own publication. That task seemed bigger than I wanted.
Enter Kimberley Payne
We have been friends for years since God brought us together at a writers’ conference. Both of us have dabbled in writing. Sometimes more industriously than others. But Kimberley is administratively gifted. I am not. I like connecting, and praying, writing and art.
All of a sudden we were setting up a Publication. We were finding our first writers. Now we have 53 writers.
And we found followers. Now we have 178 of them.
It’s all God
Today I read two passages that helped me see about growth.
“Don’t be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest.
The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others — ignoring God! — harvests a crop of weeds.
All he’ll have to show for his life is weeds!
“But the one who plants in response to God, letting God’s Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life (Galatians 6:7–8, The Message.”
I pictured a harvest. But then I saw that to have a harvest we have to plant seeds.
Medium is a SEED PLANTER PLATFORM!
Yes, from this platform we can reach the world. We can learn about new things. We can teach what God teaches us.
Another scripture came this morning.
“For the seed shall be prosperous” (Zechariah 8:12, KJV);
“For there the seed will produce peace and prosperity” (Zechariah 8:12, Amplified).
We need to plant the seeds.
Why we decided to run Koinonia, a publication on Medium
I think there are three very basic important reasons.
- We want to have a gathering place for Believers to read and to write. We want a safe haven to flush out ideas, to read God’s Word and study what we are hearing and learning.
- We want a place to pray for one another. That is accomplished for our writers in our FB group. For others who read our posts, we are most willing to pray for you too. Just contact us. We want to be there for you.
- We want to spread the love of Jesus around the globe.
Where is God leading us?
I ask Him this every day.
Lord, is there something else we can do to entice more writers to join us.
He has shown me a few ways
- Ask your friends and social media to follow us here on our Koinonia page. And also to follow us on our Koinonia Publication page.
- Share your work and others’ work on social media. Spread it around across all media.
- Connect with other members in the group — by clapping and commenting on their posts.
- Networking is so important. Let’s build a strong network by growing together in our faith and our writing and by praying together.