10 Tips to Life and Peace
How do we find life and peace? I have been reading a devotional every morning from UCB Canada written by Bob and Debby Gass. Today’s thoughts were great and have been setting the tone for my sabbatical this summer and I felt a need to share them.
- Have a true faith: On Sunday the sermon was all about faith, taking words from Hebrews 11. Faith is more than belief. Faith is built on a firm foundation and in things we can’t see.
- Be with others of our faith: Stir each other on.
- Watch your thoughts: Remember the “whatevers” as they mean a lot. See Philippians 4:8.
- Be thankful: As you go to sleep and when you wake up – don’t forget to thank God. My favourite book about this is Ann Voskamps’ One Thousand Gifts.
- Watch out for the world: What is keeping you away from God? What books do you read? TV? Media? What fills your thoughts and mind? Maybe you need to take a sabbatical from all things that turn your mind away from God.
- Be merciful: Remember God is merciful to us. Don’t harden your hearts against anyone.
- Don’t judge: That means everyone who doesn’t believe but we are called to judge our brothers, those of our faith who are straying away from the truth – Read 1 Corinthians 5. But the rest of the folks – only God is to judge them. “What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.”
- Forgive: To me this is the top one for peace. God forgives us and calls on us to forgive others. You don’t have to like the person but you do have to forgive them. If you have problems, ask God for help.
- Love your enemies: Do you have people you disagree with? Pray for them. Love them. You don’t have to agree with them to love them. And don’t forget to pray for those in authority.
- Tell others the truth about the Gospel: This is something we all need to do more. Speak your faith story. Be specific. What is God doing in your life? Tell others about the saving grace of Jesus.
I am grateful to have read this today. I am keeping a copy of it for myself. Feel free to save the photo and post it on your bulletin board or share anywhere.
Time for today’s linkup. This is Word of God Speak. Please join us in posting or reading wonderful words of what God is doing in our lives. Let’s build each other up.